WooCommerce is a powerful shopping cart plugin for WordPress: an open-source content management system. Keep in mind, WordPress is the most popular CMS to date and there are thousands of free and paid plugins available that can extend its features and provide functionality for virtually anything that you wish to accomplish with your website. By using the WooCommerce plugin, you will not only have eCommerce abilities built directly into your WordPress website but you will have access to all of the other powerful features and plugins that come with using WordPress as your content management system. It is a CMS that empowers you to create a beautiful website with an active blog and a fully functional shopping cart system, with potential to extend its feature-set into much more should you wish to hire a developer.
WooCommerce Fulfillment Companies
Using a WooCommerce fulfillment company is a great to ensure that your fulfillment process is completely automatic. As you probably already know, automation can be a great way to streamline your order process and reduce workload. If your eCommerce store is operating under the supervision of a single person, you can greatly reduce their management responsibilities using WooCommerce fulfillment integration.
Most fulfillment companies are targeting the various shopping cart platforms available today and offering integration. The feature-set included with this integration differs between fulfillment companies, but most offer the following integrative services:
- Order Entry: Orders received on your WooCommerce website will be automatically sent to the fulfillment company via an order entry API. This transmission is automatic and means that the order does not need to be manually processed.
- Order Tracking: Easily pull order confirmations or tracking related information at anytime. See partial fulfillments and other shipping related information directly from your WooCommerce store.
- Shipping Rates: Allow your customers to pull shipping rate data at anytime during checkout. The most cost-effective shipping rate will be pulled using warehouse, packaging and carrier data.
- Inventory Status: Query your product fulfillment database to find inventory statuses globally, by specific region or by warehouse. Easily find when products need to be restocked or are reaching low inventory status.
- Statuses: Email notifications and statuses for products, orders and other issues. If an order fails or cannot be fulfilled, you will be notified immediately.
Cart integration with any fulfillment service is a must and as a WooCommerce user, you benefit from using one of the most popular shopping carts for WordPress. Many fulfillment companies are providing integration plugins and API access to make transmitting data from your eCommerce store to their warehouse an automatic process. There is no need to manually send across order information when your entire store could be fully automated.
How Does Automatic Fulfillment Make eCommerce Easier?
Aside from not having to manually send order information to the fulfillment center you are using, automatic fulfillment and cart integration provides numerous other benefits.
One of the most promising is inventory syncing and providing up-to-date, relevant data to your customers.
Part of the problem when you manage your own inventory and ship goods to customers yourself is that you also have to keep inventory up-to-date and know your shipping costs for the items you sell. Keeping record of this data and updating the website regularly can be very tedious and store owners often find that it consumes their day-to-day operations, leaving them with little time actually grow the business and focus on marketing the website.
Fulfillment services eliminate these processes entirely and reduce workload by significant amounts. Most of the order process is automated. Of course, store owners do need to keep their products in-stock at the fulfillment center but shipments to the center can be done in bulk and handled when stocks are low.
If you have any questions on fulfillment services and how they can be integrated with WooCommerce and WordPress, please contact us or fill out one of our quote request forms.
Since 2005 We’ve Been Helping Companies Just Like Yours
Your contact information is held in the strictest of confidence. We will contact you before we connect you with vendors so that we can learn about your situation, obtain any of your contact preferences, and answer any of your questions.
YOU have control over your contact details:
- No unwanted contacts – you control how vendors respond to you
- Remain confidential if you wish
- No commitment to choose any of our vendors
- Ask our Fulfillment experts any questions you have!