If you’re looking for a qualified Pick and Pack and ship company, then you’ve found the right place. Members of our management team used to work in the industry, so we know what to look for. We’ve pre-screened hundreds of vendors so that you can get multiple quotes from reliable firms.
Using Pick and Pack Companies for your shipping and warehousing needs is a cost-efficient option for your company. They offer flexible solutions for all sized businesses. If your business lacks space and personnel or time related resources, a Pick & Pack company may give you less stress along with saving you time and money, something that influences your bottom line. Explore your options and choose one that works best for your business.
What are Pick and Pack Services?
What is pick and pack? A Pick & Pack company is a cost-efficient method of shipping and warehousing for orders that are more complex. Occasionally, an order may involve picking items from one or more locations to be combined and packed for shipment together. Handling through outsourcing generally better suits the complexity of such order fulfillment. Shipment may use complicated computer systems to track and relay information on a timely basis, involving complicated accounting and involve multiple employees to complete. Pick and Pack companies can tailor solutions for storage and distribution that may not be available to the individual business owner at a decent price. Our company can match providers to your business. We have providers in the US, Canada and the UK.
How Does the Pick and Pack Process Work?
A pick pack company works with its clients to provide aide in warehousing and shipping for their business. Some orders may be more intricate to handle than others. Pick-n-Pack is a process that fulfillment companies use to fill their clients orders. The process may include receiving shipments, disassembling them and then reassembling them to be shipped according to the individual requirements of the client.
Take a look at the process:
- Receiving product: This is where a client sends its product to a warehousing facility. The warehouse has the job of deciding where to place the products. It may involve large orders that take up ½ or more of the facility or as small as only a few shelves. Whoever runs the facility needs to have a system to track where the items are located in the warehouse and be able to know if they can handle expansion from that client as his business grows.
- Storage: A facility to house the client’s products secure and well protected. This may include breaking down boxes or pallets for storage and distribution for individual shipments. Having a good management system in place, which may include bar coding, for accuracy and inventory control.
- Picking: This is the process of pulling items from one or more locations to be included with the order that may go to multiple locations. Having a good management system in place, will allow the picker to pull multiple orders from shelves on a single pass. Bar coding, electronic tickets and other tools, help to streamline the process and make the picking more efficient.
- Packing: After picking the products, they are gathered together and placed in boxes or pallets according to the instructions per the clients needs.
- Distribution: The facility works with the delivery systems to make sure your product is delivered to your clients. You are still responsible for the shipping charges. It is important to select facilities, so that their location will allow you to ship to the maximum amount of customers for a minimal shipping cost.
- Confirmation: The Pick and Pack company you use should be able to provide you confirmation of deliver, inventory control, information about how their facility is managed, and how they will be able to deliver and handle in an accurate and timely manner.
A good Pick-N-Pack company should prevent expenditures for distribution, building needs, equipment, extra technology for implementing and additional staff needed to complete shipping needs without compromising quality and control.
Why You Should Consider a Pick and Pack Warehouse for Your Business?
Are you looking for Affordable and High Quality Pick and Pack? Professional Pick and Pack companies can help you combat the challenges of distribution.
A pick and pack provider, works with shipping companies to manage logistical operations in many areas. This includes but is not limited to housing of materials, providing certain rates, and freight transportation. Some pick and pack companies will specialize in certain industries while others in a specific area of operations, such as warehousing.
Even though some companies prefer to handle these responsibilities independently in-house, it can often prove to be much more overwhelming than they originally anticipate. The process of housing and shipping materials can take a lot of time and effort, and can ultimately take away from the purpose of the business. If that becomes the case, then what is the point of starting a business in the first place?
Using a professional pick and pack will help you combat many important challenges you may face in distribution:
- Decrease your shipping errors – Pick and Pack companies use up-to-date technology and offer strong service teams to deliver quality and professional business services. Most offer 24/7 access to an online management system to monitor, approve and cancel orders placed by your business.
- Increasing picking accuracy and minimizing shipment of undamaged goods – A good pick and pack company should relieve you of the stress that comes with order processing and fulfillment a high demand of orders.
- Actualizing better freight rates. This allows you to compete with bigger companies who maintain their own fulfillment houses
- Streamlining your focus by using a specialist: Since the primary function of a pick and pack warehouse is to execute the supply chain in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, there are fewer distractions for them and their workers and other responsibilities to get in the way. This is not always the case when companies have to handle the duties themselves as people are constantly being pulled in multiple directions. Pick and pack employees do not need to wear as many hats. If they need to restructure the supply-chain, they can do it much more easily. They are up to date on the newest technology and practices, as well as the entire process from beginning to end. This is especially helpful if any errors or unforeseen developments occur along the way. If you are unsure of the process itself, a 3PL warehouse can put your mind at ease.
- Increasing your professional resources: Pick and pack companies are generally run by seasoned professionals who have a large network of contacts available that provides advantages over in-house supply chains. If the warehouse has a solid reputation of customer service and success, this is generally a much larger network than most companies have. They can use established relationships and discounts, to lower overhead and provide the fastest possible service. Choosing a pick and pack provider allows your company to benefit from resources which are unavailable in-house.
- Decreasing costs and increasing value: Real estate is expensive, especially for a warehouse. By using a pick and pack warehouse you can reduce costs not only by eliminating the need to invest in extra space, but also in hiring staff and transportation costs that are necessary in order to operate. Furthermore, they should handle all paperwork and issues related to billing, training, audits, and operations.
- Assisting with scalability: Scalability is business or system’s ability to handle a growing amount of work and the potential for growth. Another benefit of using a 3PL warehouse is the ability to adjust space and labor based on inventory and products. Many pick and pack providers have warehouses strategically placed around the world that ensure efficiency and delivery across the world for the same lower costs that support growth. This can result in a re-engineering of distribution markets, which is often an unexpected blessing during times of growth.
- Adding much needed flexibility to your business: Certain businesses are seasonal and not as active during certain parts of the year. For example, a company that makes products for Christmas does not need as much warehouse space in May. Pick and pack providers can work with the businesses and relieve stress during transitions between seasonal industry chances. They can use more (or less) space and resources when necessary. This flexibility can also potentially help grow sales in newer markets.
The shipping process is one of the most crucial decisions you make when growing a business.
Outsourcing Pick and Pack
Are you considering outsourcing pick and pack with a fulfillment company? This is a very important question that many product-related companies consider. While the answer may seem obvious to some, there isn’t really a clear cut answer in many instances. Here are some of the reasons it can be difficult for people to outsource, as well as some things to consider when making the decision.
First and foremost, it is extremely difficult for many small business owners to outsource anything, as many times they have been responsible for the core functions of the business. Many small business owners do a great job at the core functions of their business, and rightfully think that they can do them better than anything else. However, the hard truth is that we only have a certain number of hours in each day. Especially if a small business is pursuing growth, sharing responsibility is the only way. Whether this is hiring additional staff or outsourcing the pick and pack, getting it off of the plate of the small business owner can be extremely successful. The catch is this – they have to be willing to accept that whoever they give pick and pack responsibilities to will not necessarily do it as well as they did it. No one ever has as much care for a business as the owner. However, owners must realize that they can only do a certain amount of things each day, and if they can get others to perform even at 80-90% of their capability, then the job will be done well.
The other big thing that we see when considering whether or not to outsource pick and pack services is “where” the fulfillment company must be located. Again, going back to the “control” issue, most small business owners wish to have the pick and pack located close to them. They figure that this way they can have more control over the process. While this may be true, the unfortunate reality is that there aren’t necessarily quality, high performing fulfillment companies in all areas of the country. This means that they could compromise by going with a local firm, taking a great risk that they warehousing company doesn’t perform well. But the really good 3pl companies will do a great job, whether or not you’re located next door to them. And believe me, finding a great pick and pack company is worth its’ weight in gold.
Finally, when looking at whether or not to outsource, keep the costs in mind. However, it’s not all about whether or not it’s cheaper to outsource. This is because most small business owners fail to incorporate “opportunity costs” into the equation. Simply put, there is an opportunity cost of continuing to do the fulfillment in house. If you do, you won’t have time to, for example, locate new customers, grow your business, or uncover earth shattering business opportunities. In order to make the best decision, you must include opportunity costs into the equation.
Top Things to Look for in an Ecommerce Pick and Pack Fulfillment Service
But be careful in selecting a company – Nearly half of all Pick and Pack companies under-perform. They take on too many clients, or have out of date technology. That is why it is so important to do your homework. Many make promises that they simply cannot keep. A good pick and pack can make or break your business.
Making sure you partner with a quality pick and pack warehouse that will suite your needs is of paramount importance. Even when using our service, you’ll want to make sure that you look for these key things before you sign on the dotted line:
- Fees & Additional Cost – Some of the fees may include a minimum fee, storage fees and pallet fees. Ask questions and compare fee structures. Look for hidden fees also.
- Know Who You’re Dealing With – If possible, visit the potential pick and pack warehouse, or in the very least speak with as many employees as possible by phone to get further acquainted with the company. Pay close attention to your interactions – the way they respond to you will likely be similar to how they respond to you and your customers after you start working with them. And if possible, get a demo on any systems that will be used. It’s good to have a full idea of their capabilities before making a commitment.
- Length Of Contract – There is no right or wrong answer as it relates to length of contract. You just need to be clear on what is expected, how long it is to be expected. If the situation dictates, can you get out of your contract? And at what cost.
- Track Record – Always check online for any reviews of your prospective Pick and Pack warehouse, good or bad. Better to know how other vendors and customers view a company before getting into a commitment. Also, check on how long they have been in the business. Never compromise cost for quality. You want the company you choose to perform as if you were running the company.
- Loss of Product – How does the company handle situations when merchandise is lost? This can affect your bottom line. Do they have a record of damaged merchandise and how often do they cycle count?
- Testimonies and References – Don’t be afraid to get testimonies from other clients. People love to share their experiences when it comes to doing business. They may also be able to provide some useful tips. So if you have questions, be sure to ask.
- Technology – Make sure that a potential pick and pack provider utilizes a solid warehouse management system (WMS) and that they can connect to your sales channels to automatically pull over orders and that they provider real-time reporting.
So do your homework, be prepared, and evaluate each Pick and Pick warehouse with great scrutiny. This decision is a big one for your business so extra care will no doubt be worth the while.
Just because someone is ranked at the top of Google does not mean they are the best company to fit your business needs. Can the pick and pack make a difference in your success? If you choose the right company, then we believe the benefits of pick and pack far outweigh the challenges.
There’s more to choosing a provider than just looking at pick and pack fees. Price should never be the only deciding factor when choosing any service for businesses. Everything comes down to offering the best product at the most competitive price. How about customer service? Will a Pick and Pack offer your product in a timely manner?
As a business owner, you have a lot of choices to make regarding your shipping and warehousing needs. In allowing a Pick & Pack to handle your distribution, you are relinquishing control and allowing someone else to take charge. If they are dependable AND cost effective, it may just be what you need to stream line your business and allow you to concentrate on growing your business. So take a look at other critical factors and don’t just make a decision based upon pick and pack fees.
Top Reasons to Use Our Service Instead of Researching a Pick and Pack Fulfillment Company on Your Own
Now that you can see the value of using a pick and pack fulfillment service, how do you find the right company? So many pick and pack companies out there make promises that they just don’t keep. And shipping your orders accurately and timely is crucial to your business.
With so many shipping companies out there, finding the right pick and pack company for your business can be extremely tough.
- If you’re searching the web, you’ll find that every company claims to be “the best.” But we know better. In fact, far too many pick and pack firms do a poor job of fulfilling your orders – making errors on your shipments which put your company at risk of losing business. That’s why we have a thorough process of screening companies so that we weed out the bad pick and pack company and instead connect you instantly with the highest performing companies in the business.
- And be careful when you find other sites out there like ours – some claim to “rank” fulfillment companies and others claim to screen companies in a similar fashion to our website. But don’t believe the hype – we’re the only company that truly screens companies. Oftentimes, these ranking sites connect you with the companies that pay the most money to get connected with you, rather than being connected with you because they’re a high performing pick and pack company that can meet your specific needs.
Our service is the premier matchmaking service in the industry and can help you get matched with the best pick and pack firms for your company.
- Vendor Screening: We thoroughly screen all pick and pack companies before they are in our database. Our knowledge of the industry since 2005 has allowed us to develop an excellent pre-screening checklist for evaluating businesses before matching our customers with the most relevant providers. We look at shipping error rates, customer referrals together with other business factors in compiling our database. We’re the only company that truly pre-screens their vendors. Our vendors are screened using extensive questions and interviews, so that we can be certain that they’ll do a good job handling your project and offer the best pick and pack pricing.
- Knowledgeable: We have a wealth of experience connecting businesses since 2005. Our staff works daily on keeping abreast of current and future education to aid our customers with up-to-date technology. And we pride ourselves in working closely with our customers and vendors to find out answers to important questions that arise between them.
- Unbiased: Everyone claims to be unbiased – we mean it. We match you with pick and pack companies that can meet all your specific needs. We help you through the process, but you must make your own decision on whether to use one of the companies supplied to you. So why are we unbiased? We’re not a broker, instead we charge each Pick & Pack company each time we make an introduction. NO CHARGE TO YOU, and you are under no obligation to use any of the companies that contact you with a competitive quote. It’s always your choice.
- Excellent Client Relations: We pride ourselves in excellent client relations with our customers and vendors. Sometimes you just need an answer to industry questions. We’re here to help. You will have access to blogs that aim to educate and answer questions most important to the industry. Our staff is always available for more specific needs your business may have about pick & pack services.
- Cost of Service: CAN YOU SAY FREE? We’re not brokers, instead we charge each fulfillment company vendor each time we make an introduction. You’re not charged for the service.
- It’s Fast & Simple: We have a quick form for gathering information – it doesn’t get any easier than that! Stop searching the web for hours and hours without any idea as to the actual quality of each pick and pack company. Get connected to thoroughly screened companies fast!
How to Find the Best Pick, Pack, and Ship Company
The process of getting connected with multiple pre-screened Pick & Pack firms that meet your specific needs is simple:
- Fill Out a Quick Form – We gather information so we can match you with the best quality vendors available.
- We Provide You with Top Companies – We evaluate your specific needs such as what types of services are needed, logistics, technology, etc.
- Pick & Pack Companies Contact You – You will be contacted by pre-screened companies matching your needs. They will provide you with a rate quote.
- You Decide – You choose whether to accept one of the pick and pack company’s quotes or decline to accept any of them.
- Customer Service – We follow up with you throughout the process to answer questions or provide other services as needed. This allows our staff to evaluate the pre-screening process to improve present and future services.
We’ve been connecting businesses with pre-screened vendors since 2005. We use the information you provide us to match you with the best vendor to meet your company’s needs. Because of the screening process we use, we are able to better match you to the best vendor for your unique situation and get the best pick and pack pricing.
Not All Pick and Pack Companies are Created Equal
The internet is a great place to find information on logistics solutions, but you have to be careful what information you use in your decision making process. Everyone can advertise on the search engines by simply bidding higher, and many firms will tell you that they are the answer to your every need. We know better! No one firm can provide every type of service in this vast industry. We understand that there are some organizations that don’t do a great job. We also understand that you can always choose to keep all of the storage and distribution in house. That’s why we’re particular about the companies that we allow onto our network. We connect you with the right types of warehousing companies that specialize in the areas you need and will do a great job of processing orders for you. All of the vendors in our network pass through an approval process to ensure quality. Many vendors that contact us don’t pass through this screening process.
Key Points to Consider About Pick & Pack Pricing
When you’re analyzing competitive prices from companies that can perform all of your warehousing services for you, make sure to keep a couple of key points in mind. First, compare the costs of outsourcing with your in house rates. Second, don’t forget to add any significant opportunity costs to your internal costs, so that you can get a true picture of any benefits of outsourcing. Finally, always remember that prices are not the only determining factor in making an outsourcing decision. While it’s important to outsource your Pick and Pack services for the right price, giving up quality for a low cost is a very serious risk. If your orders aren’t going out on time, aren’t being correctly prepared, and aren’t being sent the appropriate freight service levels, then your customers won’t be happy and you will lose money in the long run.
Pick and Pack Warehouse Near Me
Fill out a form on our site in order to get connected with the best pick and pack warehouses near you. Or, search below for options in the US and Canada.
Find the Best Pick & Pack Fulfillment Services Companies in the US and Canada
Select the desired area below and get matched with top 3PL warehouses today!
Since 2005 We’ve Been Helping Companies Just Like Yours
Your contact information is held in the strictest of confidence. We will contact you before we connect you with vendors so that we can learn about your situation, obtain any of your contact preferences, and answer any of your questions.
YOU have control over your contact details:
- No unwanted contacts – you control how vendors respond to you
- Remain confidential if you wish
- No commitment to choose any of our vendors
- Ask our Fulfillment experts any questions you have!