You could search the internet yourself for a warehousing and fulfillment company. But will you find the company that offers the best service and pricing and suits your particular needs?
This may be more difficult than you know.
Problem #1: There are so Many Bad Fulfillment Companies
The simple truth is that many fulfillment companies perform poorly. In over 7 years in the business, we've seen countless complaints about various providers...from problems with mis-shipments to invoicing and pricing issues to inventory shrinkage and much more. Outsourcing with a poor performing warehouse can cost your company dearly. There are so many bad things that can happen if you choose the wrong fulfillment company:
- Errors, errors, errors. When shipments go out incorrectly, it can cause a tidal wave of damage to your business. Bad fulfillment companies usually don't have proper systems in place to do a great job.
- Don't have it your way. You all know the Burger King slogan, "Have it Your Way," right? Top notch companies offer service that fits your unique needs. Bad fulfillment companies fit you into a box and don't give you options. If you need any kind of customization, it can be a huge issue.
- How much inventory do I have on hand, anyway? Believe it or not, some fulfillment companies still operate with rudimentary inventory systems and in some cases even spreadsheets! The best companies use the latest in technology to delivery results and reports that help you make timely decisions.
- Price issues galore. The fulfillment industry is synonymous with hidden fees, lack of transparency, and long invoices that are very difficult to understand. Be aware that there are some bad fulfillment pricing practices out there.
- Poor service and untimely responses. Many Fulfillment companies are notorious for being unresponsive and offering poor customer service, which makes interacting with them extremely difficult.
- Lack of technology. Many warehouses have outdated technology, which makes it more difficult to integrate with your system, doesn't provide adequate reporting, has difficulty managing your inventory, and makes billing extremely challenging.
Problem #2: It's Hard to Find the Truth Over the Web
It's extremely difficult to sift through fact and fiction over the web.
- There are so many companies out there that tell you they do a great job but don’t. And when your product doesn’t get shipped right, you’ve got problems.
- Most companies will tell you that they do everything for every one. But they may not have any experience with your specific needs. Find out more about the various types of fulfillment companies.
- There are quite a few referral companies and "ranking" websites that claim to connect you with the best companies - when, in fact, they're simply promoting the companies that pay them the most money!
- Oftentimes the companies that can afford more advertising are interested in larger customers – so they may not be the best fit for a company looking for small business fulfillment.
- Companies pay to get to the top of search engines and directories, so most likely you’ll find the companies that pay more – which doesn’t mean that you’ll find the right company for you.
That's Why We TRULY Screen Fulfillment Companies
Since 2005, we’ve been thoroughly screening warehousing and fulfillment companies before we let them into our network. And many don’t make the cut. So you can rest assured that they are high quality providers and you’ll only be matched to the companies that can meet ALL of your needs. While no review process can take into account every factor to perfectly predict success or failure, our process is thorough and many vendors are not accepted. Instead we accept the companies that we believe will do a great job of fulfilling and distributing your product.
We use our knowledge of the industry, coupled with our 5 step process to ensure that we "weed out" the bad vendors. Take a look at our 5 step process below:
- Initial interview and application. The first step a vendor must take to work with us is to fill out an initial application. We ask them a multitude of questions about their business and operations. Furthermore, we conduct an initial interview as well in order to gauge some preliminary understandings of their capabilities and potential to perform at a high level.
- Independent research. The second step in our process is to conduct background research into the firm. We contact various sources, such as the Better Business Bureau and other websites to see if we can find any negative information about the company. All information gathered is used in our acceptance process.
- Credit Check. As a third step, we oftentimes perform a credit check on the vendor. This helps us to assess the financial viability of the going concern of the company.
- Reference Check and Reviews. The fourth step in the process is to speak to their customers, assessing the level of performance from actual clients. There is no vantage point quite like this step, as it oftentimes reveals both strengths and weaknesses. Finally, we get information for all of the companies that use our services. Whenever we learn about a fulfillment company's performance, be it good or bad, we add that to our database of information and use it to make continued decisions on the eligibility of warehouses in our network.
- Required Guarantees. As a fifth and final step, we require each vendor accepted into our network to pledge and agree to meet certain standards when providing information to you. We require them to act honestly and faithfully in providing you accurate, honest and fair pricing proposals.
Since we thoroughly screen the warehouses in our network, we are best able to match you with the exact companies that will best suit your needs.
How Does Our Process Work?
- Fill Out One Quick Form – We collect information about your project so that we can best match you to high quality vendors.
- We Connect You With Top Companies – We connect you with the best fulfillment companies in the business based upon your specific needs - geography, technology, types of services offered, etc.
- Fulfillment Companies Contact You With Quotes – Finally, each company contacts you with a rate quote for comparison.
And the best part is that we're here to help you through each stage of the process. That means you have former fulfillment executives helping you by answering any questions you have about fulfillment.
How Much Does this Service Cost?
This is a completely FREE service to you and you don’t have to choose any of the vendors we connect you with. We're not a broker, so you don't have to worry about companies charging higher rates to cover a commission payment. Instead, we simply charge each fulfillment company a small lead fee of $30 each time we make an introduction. Oh, and we forgot to mention that we have a NO SPAM Guarantee!
Unlimited Resources to Help You Make the Best Decision
We're more than just a quote service. We're here to help...and we care about you. That's why we've created a vast resource of useful information to assist you in making the best fulfillment decision. Check out some of the resources you can tap into below:
Since 2005 We've Been Helping Companies Just Like Yours
Your contact information is held in the strictest of confidence. We will contact you before we connect you with vendors so that we can learn about your situation, obtain any of your contact preferences, and answer any of your questions.
YOU have control over your contact details:
- No unwanted contacts - you control how vendors respond to you
- Remain confidential if you wish
- No commitment to choose any of our vendors
- Ask our Fulfillment experts any questions you have!