As your online sales start to increase, it makes perfect sense to start considering whether or not you should outsource the fulfillment services for your Volusion store. After all, by outsourcing the mundane storage and distribution function, you’ll free up valuable time and resources within your company that can be utilized in other important areas of your business. But before you pull the trigger on a particular fulfillment firm, make sure that you do your due diligence, in particular paying close attention to their respective experience as it relates to both ecommerce fulfillment in general and familiarity with the Volusion shopping cart platform specifically.
General E-Commerce Fulfillment Experience is Critical
There are two main reasons that previous ecommerce fulfillment experience is a necessity when it comes to choosing an appropriate provider. First, there are so many specific nuances to the ecommerce world that go well above and beyond traditional fulfillment. For example, with ecommerce fulfillment, warehouses will need to have the capability of providing customizable tracking, invoicing and packing slips. Furthermore, ecommerce customers have lofty expectations when it comes to receipt of goods – both in terms of timliness and amount of shipping service options. Second, because there are so many changes in the ecommerce space in general, it is critical that the fulfillment house have a thorough background in the segment so that they can provide support and advice for the changing needs of your business.
Do They Have a Pre-Existing Volusion Integration
While a fulfillment provider may have experience with ecommerce fulfillment services in general, a critical success factor relates to whether or not they’ve built a Volusion integration utility. This will directly impact the speed and cost with which the firm is able to bring your product into inventory and start shipping orders. If they’re done previous Volusion integrations, then they’ll be better prepared to bring your business online. And on top of a speedy integration, the cost of integration can be significantly lower if they’ve already built it. For new integrations with previously unused shopping carts, it can cost as much as $1,000 or more. But in instances where an integration already exists, the costs drop dramatically.
About Volusion eCommerce Software
Volusion’s ecommerce software is a great one-size-fits-all solution for almost any business. This stems from businesses, from start-up to active sellers, ability to completely customize their ecommerce website. With over 40,000 companies harnessing the power of Volusion as an ecommerce solution you know there is a good reason. Here are some of the many features that help set Volusion apart.
- Unlimited product pictures allow for different color options and other product details to be showcased.
- A built in zoom tool that allows clients a closer look at product images to ensure they are purchasing a product that suits their needs.
- Product option drop downs to allow clients their own customizations.
- Easy product comparisons to help clients feel secure in their purchases.
Shopping Cart Options
- Allow customers to add products to their shopping cart without leaving the product page which can provide a less frustrating shopping experience for customers buying multiple products.
- Technology that automatically keeps track of inventory to avoid long delays and frustrations
- One-page checkout for an easier, less convoluted shopping experience.
- Setup deals easily to help sell specific products or just to drive sales.
- Search engine optimization options help clients find your ecommerce site.
- Easily extend selling to Amazon and Ebay.
- Create other types of promotions, such as discounts and coupons.
- Add customer feedback and reviews to help potential clients to make a buying decision with confidence.
- Send newsletters and offer e-mails to increase return business and stay connected with clients.
In short, Volusion ecommerce software offers businesses of all sizes a simple solution that remains feature rich. Volusion vast customization options make it stand out in a sea of competitors. All these features come together to provide an excellent option for any business and an easy way for customers to get the most from an ecommerce website.
Since 2005 We’ve Been Helping Companies Just Like Yours
Your contact information is held in the strictest of confidence. We will contact you before we connect you with vendors so that we can learn about your situation, obtain any of your contact preferences, and answer any of your questions.
YOU have control over your contact details:
- No unwanted contacts – you control how vendors respond to you
- Remain confidential if you wish
- No commitment to choose any of our vendors
- Ask our Fulfillment experts any questions you have!