eFulfillment Service recently celebrated 20 years of service in the fulfillment industry with an A+ rating from the BBB. Since 2001, this family-owned business has grown to work with more than 700 clients, over 100 team members, warehousing over 60,000 products, and fulfilling anywhere from 15,000 to 20,000 internet orders per week…all from a nearly 200,000 square foot warehouse located in Traverse City, Michigan.
eFulfillment Service works with over 40 shopping carts and online platforms such Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Google, Overstock, Walmart, and Yahoo. However, eFulfillment Service prides itself on working with businesses of all sizes – whether it’s a startup or small business looking for the best resource for fulfillment. The company handles inventory management, storing, picking, and packaging, and shipping of products for online companies who are in need of a fulfillment solution. eFulfillment Service works with each merchant to create a fulfillment package specific to their requirements by offering no upfront costs and no minimum orders while remaining flexible when unpredictable situations may arise.
If you view their website, eFulfillment Service outlines their multi-year recognitions as a top 3PL and order fulfillment provider, a recognized entrepreneurial company, and other recognitions for their order fulfillment and marketplace performance.
eFulfillment Service Facilities
As mentioned, eFulfillment Service has a 200,000 square foot warehouse in Traverse City, Michigan. With a Midwestern US location, the company is able to deliver quickly to the eastern US and much of the western US. However, shipping times to the highly populated California market will take longer, as opposed to a company that operates in a slightly more central location or that offers multiple warehouse locations for splitting inventory. While this is not a deal breaker for most e-businesses, for those with strict requirements on delivery and transit times, a Michigan location may not be the most ideal location.
eFulfillment Service Offerings
eFulfillment Service specializes in e-commerce fulfillment for Web retailers, in addition to Amazon FBA prep and support services for companies that sell on the Amazon platform. The company integrates with over 40 of the most popular shopping carts, and provides a full suite of support services for e-merchants:
- Returns processing
- Kitting and light assembly
- Long-term inventory storage
- Shipping services
Each customer has their own dedicated account manager who is familiar with the account details, products, and history. Each client has access to a 24/7 proprietary web portal that gives automatic notifications and so each client can monitor orders and inventory while also being able to manage returns, view backordered items, and confirm shopping cart integrations as just a few of the system’s capabilities. eFulfillment Service works with clients to set-up accounts and shopping carts while offering personalized customer service with the goal of assisting from start to finish.
In addition to personalized customer service, security and protecting client information is also important to eFulfillment Service – which is why their fulfillment software is protected by multiple dedicated firewalls with multiple network connections. As for on-site security, the warehouse includes keycard protocols, biometric scanning, and around the clock surveillance. If in the case of a power outage, eFulfillment Service is ready with off-the-grid power sources to maintain protection expected by their customers.
eFulfillment Service Shipping and Packaging Needs
With respect to shipping, eFulfillment Service offers a variety of options for order fulfillment, both domestically and international. Whether you’re a company based in the United Kingdom shipping products throughout the United States or a company based in Arizona shipping products abroad, eFulfillment Service offers a variety of delivery methods: Economy Lightweight, Economy Post, Standard Ground, Expedited, or Overnight. If the area of the consignee can receive shipments via USPS, DHL, FedEx, or UPS then they can receive orders shipped via eFulfillment Service.
Orders are typically shipped within one business day, but expedited service is also available. Once an order leaves the fulfillment center, both the account contact and the customer receive confirmation as well as tracking information with an optional custom message. For international shipments, eFulfillment Service provides the necessary Export Declaration or Commercial Invoice, and they will also work with their clients regarding any additional rules or regulations for shipments going outside the United States.
eFulfillment Service stands by their services and pricing with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee to immediately work to correct an order, respond in a timely manner to service requests, and honor the prices quoted. If a client has a problem, their account representative is only a phone call away to offer immediate assistance.
eFulfillment Service Reviews & Ratings
As with any company, industry, and product or service, everyone has their own opinions – both good and bad. Although most reviews online are positive, you will find some negative feedback about personal experiences with eFulfillment Service. The negative feedback does cause some reason for concern, and is certainly a reason to perform further due diligence if you’re considering using them for your outsourced fulfillment needs.
- Rating is 4.2 out of 5 stars with a total of 76 reviews.
- Reviews are between 2018 and 2022.
- Positive feedback includes great customer service, order fulfillment, and very professional representatives.
- Complaints include shipping processing times and safety concern with stacking/shipping. eFulfillment Service responded to almost every negative review and offered feedback or additional contact information to address the issue further.
- Rating is 2.5 out of 4 stars with a total of 4 reviews.
- Reviews are between 2016 and 2019.
- Positive feedback includes excellent customer service, reasonable fees, and the ease of using the service.
- Complaints include slow stock “check-in” times of inventory and slow ship times. Complaints were extremely negative, including some “0” star reviews, which does cause some concern.
- Rating is 2 out of 5 stars with a total of 5 reviews.
- Reviews are between 2017 and 2021.
- Positive feedback includes the ease and integration of the shopping cart and dashboard as well as good customer service.
- Complaints include running slow with processing times and shipping and not able to handle large monthly volumes. Again, eFulfillment Service received multiple “1” or “2” star reviews, increasing the overall number of negative reviews.
- Rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars with a total of 1 review.
- Review was submitted 2021.
- Positive feedback includes “excellent pricing and good in-house IT”.
- No complaint was outlined.
In the last three years, eFulfillment Services has received 2 complaints (both in 2020) to the BBB related (primarily) to overcharging and billing concerns. Both complaints are outlined online and eFulfillment Service provided a detailed response to both complaints.
The Final Word on eFulfullment Service
eFulfillment Service is one service provider that has a lengthy experience and track record and offers a wealth of e-commerce fulfillment services for online merchants. While the company has an in-depth suite of e-commerce fulfillment services offerings and a robust technology platform, the negative reviews received are a bit alarming. There are multiple explanations from the perspective of the company, which is a good thing. However, with multiple platforms outlining similar issues, a healthy amount of due diligence is necessary before signing on the dotted line.
Since 2005 We’ve Been Helping Companies Just Like Yours
Your contact information is held in the strictest of confidence. We will contact you before we connect you with vendors so that we can learn about your situation, obtain any of your contact preferences, and answer any of your questions.
YOU have control over your contact details:
- No unwanted contacts – you control how vendors respond to you
- Remain confidential if you wish
- No commitment to choose any of our vendors
- Ask our Fulfillment experts any questions you have!