If you are considering moving your warehousing and fulfillment to Seattle, there are multiple assets to the city that will benefit your business. Seattle has access to major ports and transportation that reaches many states in the west and internationally. There are also many 3PL warehouses in Seattle that have access to ocean carriers that can cut down shipping and transportation costs. Seattle is an optimal place for global connection and client reach throughout the Northeast Us and into Western Canada, so establishing your warehousing and fulfillment operations in the city could be beneficial to your business.
How to Find the Best Warehouses in Seattle
When doing an online search for the best warehousing in Seattle, you can run into complications and unreliable information. The top lists of 3PL warehousing or fulfillment services include organizations that paid to be listed. This can be misleading to those who are searching for the best warehousing service that fits well with their business. The internet typically is not the most reliable source of information, so screening potential 3PL warehousing services is important.
When searching for the best 3PL logistics services or warehouses in Seattle, we truly vet and research each order fulfillment center to ensure the company is reliable and will work well with your operations. The warehouses we connect businesses with are screened based on the following standards:
- Number of Customers
- Years in Business
- Customer Retention Rate
- Annual Order Volume
- Order Accuracy Rate
- Shipping Accuracy Rate
- Inventory Accuracy Rate
We can identify the services that will best fit your business through our years of industry experience and our understanding of the required level of involvement for businesses of any size. If you are looking for help finding a full-service warehouse in Seattle, contact us today and we will provide any assistance you may need.
Why Use a 3PL in Seattle?
Centering your 3PL warehousing operations in Seattle allows access to many resources located in the city.
- Fulfillment Services in Seattle Offers Proximity to Other Prosperous Locations—Seattle is located near other northwest states—such as Oregon, Idaho, and California—and can veer into the Southwest and the Midwest. This allows your business to contact a wide portion of the United States which increases the number of clients you can reach. Seattle is also close to the Canadian border which opens access to the Canadian market. Vancouver, Canada is a bustline metropolis and one of the top 3 cities in terms of population in Canada.
- Seattle Warehousing has Options for Major Ports and Airports—The Port of Seattle is a major international trade resource and has many logistics services. This port—along with other pacific seaports—also has access to the Pacific Rim. The Pacific Rim is the land around the Pacific Ocean that expands from North America, South America, Eastern Asia, New Zealand, Australia, and the islands of the Pacific. Having access to the Pacific Rim creates the possibility of international expansion and cuts down travel time of products from any of these regions. Seattle also has the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport on the grounds of the Port of Seattle. With 71 domestic and 19 international destinations, this airport helps cut down shipping and transportation costs through fast delivery.
- Seattle Warehouses Provide Foreign Trade Zone Options—The area that includes the Port of Seattle is foreign trade zone #5. This designation saves money on shipping, complex customs, tariffs, and other shipping fees.
- Land Transportation is Readily Available—Seattle has two interstate highways and is located near two major railroads. BNSF Railway and Union Pacific Railroad can be easily accessed from Seattle, so locating your warehousing in that area allows for quick and easy access to freight and railroad transportation.
- An Abundance of 3PL Companies in Seattle —There are numerous 3PL and fulfillment companies located in Seattle. These companies have access to 17 ocean carriers that can reach Asia, Europe, Latin America, Alaska, and Hawaii. Working with these 3PLs provides immediate access to shipping and foreign markets which can help cut down costs and expand your business.
How Many Warehousing Companies are in Seattle?
According to reonomy.com, there are 1,105 warehouses in Seattle. Seattle is very competitive and is often seen as an equivalent to New York City in terms of pricing, so finding a warehouse in that area can be difficult at times.
How Much Does Outsourced Fulfillment Services and Warehousing Cost in Seattle?
Fulfillment rates can differ across states and fulfillment companies, so making an estimate of how much you will be paying can be difficult. A 3PL company or fulfillment center in Seattle will usually provide you with fees for all services that were provided to your business as well as the cost of integrating your operations with their warehouses. These fees are totaled up at the end of the month and presented to your business in an invoice. The main fees you will encounter will be:
- Initial Set-Up Fees
- Receiving Fees
- Storage Fees
- Fulfillment or “Pick and Pack” Fees
- Shipping Fees
- Returns Fees
- Other Miscellaneous Fees
Who Are the Best Fulfillment Companies in Seattle?
Finding a third-party warehousing provider in Seattle Washington can be difficult. When searching for the best 3PL or fulfillment warehouses on the search engines, companies that are listed may or may not have the credibility to support choosing their services. As we mentioned before, many of these lists have a monetary focus, and companies can climb the rankings by paying more money than others. These sites also include ads which also indicates their bias and drive for money.
Our services can help your business find the best Seattle 3PL or fulfillment company to aid in your warehousing operations. We thoroughly research each third-party warehouse service we recommend to ensure the services they provide are reliable and satisfactory enough to help your business. To find the best match in Seattle for your operations, fill out a form or call our toll-free number for assistance from one of our experts.
Operating in Seattle Can Truly Benefit Your Business
Locating your fulfillment and warehousing operations in Seattle is optimal for reaching customers in the west and internationally. Access to major ports and the Pacific Rim helps cut down transportation time of goods and widens your business’s possibility for growth. Seattle is a competitive area for warehousing, so utilizing our resources can boost your chances of finding a spot for your fulfillment needs.
Since 2005 We’ve Been Helping Companies Just Like Yours
Your contact information is held in the strictest of confidence. We will contact you before we connect you with vendors so that we can learn about your situation, obtain any of your contact preferences, and answer any of your questions.
YOU have control over your contact details:
- No unwanted contacts – you control how vendors respond to you
- Remain confidential if you wish
- No commitment to choose any of our vendors
- Ask our Fulfillment experts any questions you have!